A sickened shopper has vowed never to eat any sausage-related foods again after finding a inside a scotch egg.
Fernando Rossatto, 27, had chomped contentedly through two of a pack of six mini-eggs before her horrific discovery.
As she bit into her third snack treat she encountered a 4cm worm.
The Brazilian law graduate told the Colchester Gazette: "As I bit into it I saw something in the egg and discovered it was a small, thin worm.
"It was the same colour as the egg white, but it was in the sausage meat and went from one side of the egg to the other.
"It was disgusting - it completely put me off eating anything like sausage or scotch egg ever again."
A Tesco spokesman told the paper: "This is very surprising so we'll send the item to the supplier to investigate it as soon as we receive it."